Introducing You Change It
Did you know the UK creative industries are lacking when it comes to diversity and inclusion in its workforces?
- Only 12.6% of the creative industry workforce are from BAME backgrounds
- Women, who make up 44.2% of the workforce, mostly hold administrative roles and struggle to progress to managerial levels
- Only 10% of jobs are held by those from less advantaged backgrounds
- 9/10 creative jobs are held by people who classify themselves as not disabled
- Statistical and government bodies say that data needs to be collected on LGBT people in the workforce
Are you interested in making a difference to this?
We are proud to announce the launch of You Change It; a set of modular workshops that up are up to 90 minutes long and offer you the chance to
Improve your recruitment and retention of talent
Be recognised as a trailblazer for equality, diversity and inclusion
Gain confidence in knowing you've been trained by award-winning diversity experts
What makes our training different?
Modules are facilitated by those with direct lived experiences of being marginalised from opportunities because of multiple factors including youth, race, class, gender, disability and sexual orientation. A lead facilitator is Asma Shah, founding CEO of You Make It with over 20 years experience of working on new talent and access agendas (including for ScreenSkills, Channel 4 and Roundhouse), and an advisor on the Mayor of London's Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion board.
As a ground breaking charity founded and run by diverse people, You Make It has been expertly delivering equalities work on the ground for years. Their insight and experience make them extremely well placed to help reshape how companies can become allies in the fight for inclusion.
Chair of Runnymede Trust - the UK's leading race equalities think tank, and Sightsavers - the international charity working to support equality for people with disabilities.
Reserve your place!
Modules are £90 per session but we offer an early bird discount if you book by 28th February 2020! Please email email@example.com to find out more and secure your place for workshop dates in spring and early autumn.
Download our full course brochure here.